Our team of nutritional professionals strive to ensure our students have fresh, nutritious, well-balanced meals that meet the dietary guidelines for each age group. Our goal is to provide quality service to Orono students to ensure each student can maximize their potential in life.
Work for Orono Child Nutrition
Our Child Nutrition Team is currently hiring! If you or someone you know is interested in working in a fun, fast-paced environment that WORKS with your child's schedule, please complete an application online. We are currently hiring substitutes, part-time cooks, and full-time hybrid positions with benefits.
A typical day in Orono Child Nutrition
- Arrive at work after your child(ren) gets on the bus (start times are between 9:00-9:45 a.m.). Help receive orders and prepare meals for the day.
- Serve students lunch. Our schools serve more than 400 meals a day in each cafeteria.
- Interact with students as they check out at the register. Did you know that you receive a FREE lunch while working for Child Nutrition?
- Help clean up the kitchen after meal service and prepare for the next day.
- Leave work between before 2:00 p.m. to get home before your children.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). Orono Schools is an equal opportunity provider. View the complete statement.